HomeBuilder provides eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. HomeBuilder will assist the residential construction market by encouraging the commencement of new home builds and renovations this year.
WHAT IS HOMEBUILDER?
- HomeBuilder is a time-limited, tax-free grant program to help the residential construction market to get through the Coronavirus pandemic.
- HomeBuilder will provide eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of A$25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home.
WHEN CAN I ACCESS HOMEBUILDER?
- HomeBuilder will be available for building contracts signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020, where construction or renovation commences within three months of the contract date.
HOW CAN I ACCESS HOMEBUILDER?
- You should contact your relevant State or Territory authority on when and how to apply for HomeBuilder.
- You will be able to apply for HomeBuilder when the Government of the State or Territory that you live in, or plan to live in, signs the National Partnership Agreement with the Commonwealth Government.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE HOMEBUILDER?
- HomeBuilder grants will be paid by the relevant State or Territory authority provided the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE HOMEBUILDER?
To access HomeBuilder, owner-occupiers must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- you are a natural person (not a company or trust);
- you are aged 18 years or older;
- you are an Australian citizen
- you meet one of the following two income caps:
- 125,000 per annum for an individual applicant based on your 2018-19 tax return or later; or
- $200,000 per annum for a couple based on both 2018-19 tax returns or later;
- you enter into a building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to either:
- build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value (house and land) does not exceed $750,000; or
- substantially renovate your existing home as a principal place of residence, where the renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000, and where the value of your existing property (house and land) does not exceed $1.5 million;
- construction must commence within three months of the contract date.
Owner-builders and those seeking to build a new home which will be used as an investment property, or renovate an existing home which is an investment property, will not be eligible for HomeBuilder.
The registered or licensed builder (depending on the state or territory) must demonstrate that the contract price for the new build or substantial renovation is no more than a comparable product (measured by quality, location and size) as at 1 July 2019, if requested by the purchaser.
I ALREADY OWN LAND BUT HAVEN’T SIGNED A CONTRACT TO BUILD A NEW HOUSE – AM I STILL ELIGIBLE?
Yes, if you meet the following criteria:
- If you own a property (house and land), and knock the house down to rebuild – this will be counted as a substantial renovation, and therefore subject to the renovation price range of $150,000 to $750,000 provided the total value (house and land) of the property does not exceed $1.5 million pre-renovation;
- If you own vacant land before 4 June 2020, and then build, the total value of the land and new build cannot exceed $750,000; or
- If you buy the land after the announcement, and then build, the total value of the land and build cannot exceed $750,000.
WHAT TYPES OF DWELLINGS ARE ELIGIBLE UNDER HOMEBUILDER?
- All dwelling types (house, apartment, house and land package, off-the-plan, etc) are eligible under HomeBuilder, in accordance with the requirement that the owner-occupier must contract to build a new dwelling or substantially renovate their existing dwelling. The applicant must also meet the eligibility requirements outlined above.
WHAT ARE THE PRICE CAPS ASSOCIATED WITH HOMEBUILDER?
- HomeBuilder is subject to two prices: a contract price cap (for new builds and renovations) and an income cap for applicants.
Contract price cap
- A national price cap of $750,000 will apply for new home builds. This means that the value of new builds (house and land), house and land packages, and off-the-plan purchases must not exceed $750,000 to be eligible for HomeBuilder.
- For renovations, a building contract price range of between $150,000 and $750,000 will apply and the total value of your property before renovation must not exceed $1.5 million.
Income price cap
Eligible applicants must meet one of the following two income caps:
- $125,000 per annum for an individual applicant based on the 2018-19 tax return or later; or
- $200,000 per annum for a couple based on their combined 2018-19 tax return or later.
Author Profile: Visit this URL!
Sales Consultant - Move Realty
Nithin Salgunan is a Licensed Real Estate Agent. Nithin has more than 10 years of experience in Real Estate Industry, in different markets. His experience in Marketing and Management adds value to his customers and it is reflected in his daily operations and tasks. His attention to details and meticulous task execution skills have helped to move forward in the Real Estate world, in a smarter way.
Nithin has special skills in campaign planning, execution and management. He has a proven record in successful negotiations and his customers have benefited from this in achieving the very best value for their most valuable asset.
Nithin has always been an active listener which makes a core base for his excellent customer service. He always delivers a professional service, more apt for anyone’s real life situation. Being very up-to-date with technology, Nithin strives to make things simple and efficient. Nithin as a person is very dependable and professional in his dealings. Nithin will ensure to make you happy in relation to your Real Estate transaction. Nithin has a passion for real estate matters and enjoys every moment in it. The smile on his face is contagious and you are sure to to have a bigger smile on your face upon the sale of your property. So if you are thinking of selling your property, just give him a call. You’ll never regret it.