LEARN SOMETHING NEW IN 2022!January 17, 2022
The Parramatta College are offering a wide variety of short courses this term to help improve your personal and professional development. LEARN SOMETHING NEW IN 2022 from an award-winning community college.
Download your brochure here: https://bit.ly/T1DB2022
Click here for the latest e-newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/parramattacollege/term-1-2022-2
Make sure you tell your family and friends about us too! Call us for further discussion: 9687 2072.
Learn FIRST AID for only $149November 30, 2021
Expert Panel announced for Parramatta: Back 2 Business Conference!November 18, 2021
We’re thrilled to announce our panel of local experts for next week’s Parramatta: Back 2 Business Conference.
Luke Magee, President of Parramatta Business Chamber of Commerce will chair a panel discussion around key lessons learnt from the last 18 months and the road to recovery for small businesses. The panel includes this fantastic line up of speakers:
- Trent Jollow – Head of Small Business NSW Metro, National Australia Bank
- Helen Nezeritis – Director Customer Service and Operations at Small Business Commissioner
- Les Stock – CEO, Worldwide Parramatta
- Patricia Pavez – Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Navitas English
- Sheila Cabacungan – Principle Financial Planner and owner of Wealth Forum
Early Bird rates are closing on 15 November 2021 – Accelerate 2022 Altitude Small Business ConferenceNovember 12, 2021
Let’s accelerate and make 2022 your best year yet!
Don’t miss out! Our special Early Bird price is closing in a few days, on Monday, 15th November. Don’t miss out on saving on your conference ticket!
Accelerate 2022 – Altitude Small Business Conference will be a great opportunity to meet and network with other business owners out of your area as well as local business friends.
Register for the conference now
You will be informed, inspired and empowered to grow your business and accelerate towards success.
- Learn how to build your business without losing momentum.
- Acquire new skills in marketing, social media and financial management which will help you map out your business goals and achieve them.
- Connect with similar professionals who “get” you and your business.
- Expand your reach, increase your brand awareness and find new customers.
- Form new friendships, have a good laugh and get ready for some fun!
New premises wanted – Parramatta Computer Pals for SeniorsOctober 21, 2021
Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors is seeking a new location to deliver our program.
As a NFP we have very little money but are looking for about 20 sq.metres of admin/storage space. We are happy to work in a garage or back room.
Any offers will be gratefully considered. Contact Deb Neyle 02 9702 0089 or Hazel Labka 0481 550 885.
Organisational Cultural ChangeOctober 20, 2021
Succession planning is challenging, and in many cases, business owners fail to sell their business. This usually results in a negative situation with employees losing their jobs, and in some cases unemployed long term. Our Bluetongue Cooperative Development Network aims to reverse this trend by utilising employee buyouts in the form of “employee-owned worker cooperatives”.
We are setting up a network of practitioners to save as many businesses as possible from closure. Keeping jobs, skills and products in Australia by undertaking the following tasks:
- Promote the worker cooperative concept across society and government
- Identify suitable businesses for employee-ownership implementation
- Educate owners to understand that they can best preserve their legacy by selling to their staff
- To assist the employees coming to believe that they are capable of purchasing and running their own business in a democratic way
- To encourage cultural change by embracing the principle of high performing workplaces
- Facilitating the transfer of ownership by supplying know-how
- Ongoing support and networking
The Bluetongue Co-op is looking for an experienced “Organisation Cultural Change” consultant/expert to get involved in this area of expertise.
For more information visit our website: www.bluetonguecoop.com.au
Online Learning would be more FUN and EXCITED during the Lock DownOctober 5, 2021
***Support Local Businesses
With the lockdown in NSW, we understand how hard it is for parents to keep kids entertained with creative, healthy and fun activities at home. It’s not easy to ask kids staying away from iPad, Laptop or TV during this lockdown. But, do not worry, we are here to help, to provide more and more valuable ART and STEM packages for kids to have their best time indoors.
$0 Art or STEM package + 5 FULL ONLINE CLASSES when using Creative Kids voucher.
Here is the link to apply for Creative kids voucher : https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/…/apply-creative-kids…
Let’s check it out to see what we have : http://www.elysianschool.com.au/store
????? ??? ????
Furthermore, We are having many fun-filled activities on the weekend for your children to beat the boredom at home and having some chatty moment with their friends such as Dancing, Drama, Art classes, STEM, etc…
Simply click on our link above to order, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jessica 0452 532 899
Meet Jane Tweedy from FAQ Business TrainingOctober 1, 2021
At last month’s Parramatta Localised Meetup, Jane Tweedy from FAQ Business Training shared her top tips to empower you to learn enough to either do it yourself (DIY) or outsource with confidence.
Jane is a NSW Government funded Business Connect Advisor. In this role, she has worked with over 1400 small businesses one on one. In many cases, clients are being ripped off or ripping themselves off, due to what they didn’t know.
Jane founded FAQ Business Training to fill in the knowledge gaps by providing real-world solutions to real-world problems. Jane has studied the theory, holding numerous qualifications, and tested and adapted the theory in the real world to make sure it works.
For more information on Jane’s programs and services, visit https://faqbusinesstraining.com.au/
Go Local AT Home CampaignSeptember 20, 2021
AT Parramatta has launched the Go Local AT Home campaign and would love you to get involved in encouraging our residents to support small businesses in the Parramatta LGA.
- Encourage your social media followers to vote for you as their favourite local business in our Go Local competition. They could win $100 prize packs from the Parramatta Farmers Markets for voting!
Send them to this page to vote for your business: https://atparramatta.com/vote-local-win
We have some social media artwork you can use to help promote this competition here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dnmm53n6b7s6jep/AAAcd3Qrjcxm3YRNGnj1gYgza?dl=0
- Don’t see your business listed on our campaign pages? If you are open for business currently and aren’t listed on our campaign page, please let us know and we will add your business to the page for promotion. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tag us @atparramatta on your social media posts for the chance to be featured on our account. Tag #GoLocal #ATParramatta in your posts.
- Use our e-mail signatures & Facebook cover photo Go Local artwork. Find these here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h3qq76e4on9kf3b/AACJElpGww7cx-HdAJ8xi7_Pa?dl=0
- Tell us if you are running any special offers or promotions. Email email@example.com.
- Find out other promotion opportunities here: https://atparramatta.com/promotional-opportunities-for-parramatta-businesses
The Upside of Down Podcast – Finding the upside in our mental health challengesSeptember 10, 2021
Happy RUOK Day!
It was great to see so many at the Parramatta Localised Meetup and to hear from Mel Novak from Beyond Blue on this important day for mental health awareness.
With so many of us struggling over the uncertainty of the past couple of years, I recently launched a podcast, called The Upside of Down, exploring how we can discover the positives in our mental health challenges. With almost 40 years of facing mental health challenges myself, (anxiety, depression and Bipolar disorder), I bring my own experience and what I have learned from health care professionals, into a practical and relaxed conversation.
As or today (9 September), I have published 5, 10-15 minute episodes and put out a new episode each week. Episodes for far include: It’s all in your head, Getting what’s inside out, Your personal best, Being liked and One day.
You can listen here: https://www.theupsideofdownpodcast.com
If you listen, please get in touch to share your thoughts and give any suggestions you may have.
Let’s keep looking for the upside of down.
– Steve Paterson